India Pale, Belgian and Scotch Ale Right Here in Lincoln Park

Today, as promised, the recipes for the three beers that I am making or drinking right now.

First, a brief disclaimer: I didn't come up with any of these recipes on my own everything I brewed was either suggested to me or at least tweeked by the good people at Brew and Grow (Lincoln Park's friendly neighborhood brew place).

The beers are Walter's Pale Ale (after the dog), Avers Avenue (after the street), and Toad Spit Stout (after what the guy who wrote that recipe named it). As I described yesterday beer has five primary ingrediants: water, malt, grain, yeast and hops. To give you a sense of some of the different ingredients we used here is a chart.



These three beers represent a diversity of taste, body and style. So far, each of these beers has been delicious. I am not going to walk you through the steps of brewing because we got into that yesterday, but I will leave you with this picture of our first brew's namesake.


Photo Credits:Marie Pavlich and Steve Graue

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner